That’s what the big weight loss programs use to convince people to sign up. Right? But often even the celebrities who get paid to rep some of those programs can’t seem to keep the pounds off. The main reason: They’re hungry! Those plans don’t provide enough nutrition to fully satisfy the body’s needs and, and for most people, hunger eventually prevails.
One of the things that made me fall in love with raw food was that I didn’t have to count calories, carbs, points, or fat grams, and the pounds still came off of me. (That and the fact that I can have dessert for breakfast once in a while.) The only things I really measure are sweeteners, dried fruits, oils, and nuts, because they’re all calorie-dense, and at this point I can usually eyeball each of those without overdoing it.
A High Raw diet beats the big name weight loss plans because:
- You don’t need any packaged foods.
- You can completely avoid preservatives and minimize toxins.
- There’s no need to obsess over numbers. Freedom!
- There are few nutrition labels to decipher.
- Tastes and flavors are natural, not manufactured.
- It’s much higher in the nutrients that protect against disease and eliminate cravings.
- No need to suffer hunger pains–ever.
- The food is still recognizable as food–to your eyes and to your digestive system.
- No need to make separate meals for family and friends. (They can ALL use more raw veggies and fruits.)
- Guilt-free desserts!
A raw food diet can require significant changes, even if you’re not shooting for 100% raw. The biggest change, of course, is in how you think about food.
The big name weight loss plans would have you believe you need to eat less–fewer calories, fewer carbs, smaller portions. Raw food isn’t about deprivation. It’s about eating better, satisfying the body’s needs, and enjoying foods naturally designed to nourish us.
Live the difference!